This wonderful software, let us modify our Line 6 patches.
It works on:
- Bass PODxt, Bass PODxt Live, Bass PODxt Pro
- Flextone II, Flextone III
- POD 2.0, POD Pro, PODxt, PODxt Live, PODxt Pro
- Vetta II Combo. Vetta II Head
But, it was in the past, because it doesn’t support Windows 10. Anyway, it supports Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.
Ok ok, Windows 8 it’s fine….. main problem is: it needs Java (hell) version 1.6 JRE.
At this moment, Oracle has released version 1.8. Maybe, we will have another release tomorrow, and so on. I remember happy times when you only should take care about Microsoft’s version each four years…
Good news: you can run Line6 Edit without install JRE 1.6
- Install 7zip software to uncompress all the packages (http://www.7-zip.org/)
- Make a directory in the filesystem, for example «C:\Line6» or whatever
- In this folder, download JRE 1.6 (¡x586 version!) from Oracle’s page (deprecated versions). You must be sure to download this version:
Windows x86 Offline 16.3 MB jre-6u45-windows-i586.exe
- In the same folder, Download Line6 Edit (http://line6.com/software/index.html)
At this point, you should have these files in this folder:
- Open CMD in the folder you have created (C:\Line6)
- In this folder, run the following script or execute it line by line
REM Set path to 7zip SET PATH=%PATH%;"c:\Program Files\7-Zip" REM Extract Line6Edit Java classes 7z.exe x "Line 6 Edit v3.04.0 Installer.exe" -oc:Line6_tmp 7z.exe x "Line6_tmp\Line 6 Edit\Line 6 Edit.exe" -oc:Line6_Edit_16 REM PREPARE JAVA_16 ENV 7z.exe x -y jre-6u45-windows-i586.exe core.zip -oc:Line6_tmp 7z.exe x Line6_tmp\core.zip -oc:Line6_Edit_16\JAVA_16 SET JAVA_HOME=%CD%\Line6_Edit_16\JAVA_16 "%JAVA_HOME%"\bin\unpack200 -r -v -l "" "%JAVA_HOME%"\lib\deploy.pack "%JAVA_HOME%"\lib\deploy.jar "%JAVA_HOME%"\bin\unpack200 -r -v -l "" "%JAVA_HOME%"\lib\charsets.pack "%JAVA_HOME%"\lib\charsets.jar "%JAVA_HOME%"\bin\unpack200 -r -v -l "" "%JAVA_HOME%"\lib\rt.pack "%JAVA_HOME%"\lib\rt.jar "%JAVA_HOME%"\bin\unpack200 -r -v -l "" "%JAVA_HOME%"\lib\javaws.pack "%JAVA_HOME%"\lib\javaws.jar "%JAVA_HOME%"\bin\unpack200 -r -v -l "" "%JAVA_HOME%"\lib\jsse.pack "%JAVA_HOME%"\lib\jsse.jar "%JAVA_HOME%"\bin\unpack200 -r -v -l "" "%JAVA_HOME%"\lib\plugin.pack "%JAVA_HOME%"\lib\plugin.jar "%JAVA_HOME%"\bin\unpack200 -r -v -l "" "%JAVA_HOME%"\lib\ext\localedata.pack "%JAVA_HOME%"\lib\ext\localedata.jar REM Clean all RD /S /Q Line6_tmp REM Run Line6Edit echo SET JAVA_HOME=%%CD%%\JAVA_16> Line6_Edit_16\run.bat echo "%%JAVA_HOME%%"\bin\java.exe line6editapp.L6Line6EditApp>> Line6_Edit_16\run.bat
This above script is used to:
- Create a JRE 1.6 environment
- Extract Line 6 Edit classes
- Generate a script to run Line 6 Edit with Java 1.6 environment. This script is Line6_Edit_16\run.bat
3. Double click on Line6_Edit_16\run.bat
You can delete all files and directories but you must keep Line6_Edit_16 folder. Every time you want to open the program, you can launch run.bat script. This folder is portable, you can copy to another directory.
Now you can edit your patch for Comfortably Numb
Sorry, it doesn’t work ?
What can i do ?
Please, what problem do you have?
Could you give any information about your problem?
I wont work for me either. I get this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Line6\Line 6 Edit>D:\Temp\core\bin\java line6editapp.L6Line6EditApp
Error occurred during initialization of VM
You were right. I have changed the tutorial. Now, it’s much easier than the older one.
Now I can run Edit witout any errors, but I still can’t connet my felxtone III.
I am trying to use my old cheap USB-MIDI interface as have done well before so I guess that this can’t be the problem.
Hi. Your solution didn’t help. When opening file «run.bat», it open shortly some console for 1/10 seconds, then dissapears and nothing is happening.
I tried to open is as administrator, it didnt help.
I have win 10 pro, 64 bit.
Next i opened CMD in this folder(that way after executing script, console doesnt dissapear in 1/10 second) and entered there
that what was in «run.bat» file.
It says «The system cannot find the path specified»
I don’t know what to do next.
To specify. In run.bat was this: